The Flag City BalloonFest will host its twentieth hot air balloon festival Aug. 9 – 11 at Emory Adams Park in Findlay. Spectators can look forward to a number of new events and enjoy returning favorites such as the car show, kids’ fair, craft show and fireworks. The Flag City BalloonFest is proud to announce several of its new features:
Glow Encounter – Enjoy an up-close experience during the famous balloon glow Friday, Aug. 9 or Saturday, Aug. 10 with tickets to the Glow Encounter. A Glow Encounter ticket includes one convenient all-day parking pass onsite, four official BalloonFest souvenirs and four passes into the Glow Encounter area which will open one hour before the glow takes place at dusk.
Flag City Stars Talent Search – The Flag City BalloonFest is presenting its first talent show for Hancock County students in grades K-12 on Saturday, Aug. 10 at 10 a.m. – noon. A panel of local celebrity judges will score each live performance and the winner will be announced at noon. Students may still apply to participate until Thursday, July 25.
The Tiny Art League – For only $5, spectators can join The Tiny Art League to paint hot air balloon inspired art on tiny canvasses. The booth will be open 4 – 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9 and 2 – 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10. The goal is to paint tiny art to hide around the community for others to find and enjoy.
Sunrise Yoga – Start Saturday morning with a free sunrise yoga session led by Katy Mercer of The Lavender Hour at 6 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 10 right on the flight field at Emory Adams Park. This relaxing session will end with hot air balloons flying over the park.
Visit www.FlagCityBalloonFest.com for the full event schedule and event details.
Enjoy this up close experience like no one else. One Glow Encounter ticket is $50 and includes:
- On-site parking pass valid for one vehicle for the entire day (Aug. 9 or Aug. 10, whichever day you choose when purchasing the ticket)
- Four passes into the Glow Encounter Area (opens one hour prior to the balloon glow around dusk)
- Four official BalloonFest souvenirs upon entrance to the Glow Encounter Area
- Four beverages (soda or water) upon entrance to the Glow Encounter Area
Flying in a hot air balloon is definitely a bucket list item for many. It’s also a wonderful gift for loved ones!
The best time to fly in a hot air balloon is in the morning just after sunrise and in the evening 2-3 hours before sunset. Flights will be available:
Friday, Aug. 9 evening (Meet at 5:45 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 10 morning (Meet at 5:45 a.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 10 evening (Meet at 5:45 p.m.)
Sunday, Aug. 11 morning (Meet at 5:45 a.m.)
Passengers can book a ride during one of the four flight opportunities. In order to book a ride, passengers must fill out the online form (link below) and then SkyCab will follow up to confirm the booking.
Once passengers have submitted information they will be contacted within a few days by SkyCab and receive a confirmation email that contains all of the pertinent information for their balloon ride. The confirmation email will also contain the attached list of FAQs as well as the cancellation policy.
Walkups: Depending upon availability, passengers MAY be able to book a non-tethered balloon ride on site during the event. There will be a sales table set up next to a 25 ft. cold-air adorned with a banner announcing that balloon rides are available. If any one time slot is sold out we will consider adding additional capacity.
Payments: A $50 nonrefundable deposit will be collected for each passenger in order to confirm the reservation. The remaining $200 per passenger will be collected on-site during passenger check-in.
Cancellations: Hot air ballooning is a fair weather sport. If a cancellation due to forecasted weather is imminent, passengers will be notified via text and/or phone call as early as possible. If a flight window is cancelled, the event will attempt to roll passengers to other flight windows depending upon the forecast and availability.
- Hot air balloon flights at the Flag City BalloonFest are weather permitting. In order to fly the ground must be dry, winds at ground level must be below 10 MPH and the weather conditions must be stable. Flights are often delayed to give the weather conditions time to improve and cancellations may occur when conditions are not appropriate for a safe flight.
- Pets are not permitted at the Flag City BalloonFest. Individuals with a pet on site at the BalloonFest will be asked to leave. Service animals are permitted.
- The Flag City BalloonFest is a DRONE FREE zone. Drones are not permitted on the event site.
- By entering the premises of Flag City BalloonFest (FCBF), you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give FCBF the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge FCBF from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image. FCBF shall not be obligated to use, and may elect not to use, your image.