- This event has passed.
International Defensive Pistol Association
July 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 9:00 am on day Last of the month, repeating until October 27, 2019
Tired of just punching holes in targets while standing in the same place? Want to meet new friends? Want to improve your gun handling skills? Then IDPA might be for you. Shoots are held the fourth Sunday of each month April thru October at the Findlay UCOA.
Sign up at 9 am, shooters meeting at 9:45 and first shots at 10 am.
Don’t be afraid of being competitive, we have shooters of all classifications and abilities. Yes we have women and couples shooting. Youth under 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult. Some people just want to come out and have some fun, some are there to improve and some are competitive but we all shoot together and have a BLAST!
Cost is $20 (first time shooters $10)
IDPA is the use of practical equipment including full charge service ammunition to solve simulated real world self-defense scenarios using practical handguns and holsters that are suitable for self-defense use. The main goal is to test the skill and ability of an individual.
Before attending an IDPA match at the UCOA please familiarize yourself with the rules which may be found at IDPA.com. You don’t need to read the whole book but be aware of the “shooting rules” and the “equipment rules”.
The UCOA also has club rules that apply:
1) UCOA is a “cold” range, firearms SHALL remain unloaded until such time as directed to load and make ready by the SAFETY OFFICER. Please unload your weapon at your vehicle BEFORE entering the grounds.
2) Firearms may only be handled in a designated “SAFE AREA” anyone found handling a weapon anywhere else will be IMMEDIATELY disqualified and asked to leave the grounds. NO ammunition is allowed in a designated “SAFE AREA”.
3) No “HIGH MUZZLES” any firearm pointed over the berm will result in an immediate disqualification.
Items you will need for a match:
- A firearm, semi-automatic .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 sig, 45 acp, 10mm, or a revolver .38 special or larger.
- At least 3 magazines or speed loading devices.
- Eye and ear protection.
- A holster that is worn at the 3 o’clock position.
- A magazine/speed loader carrier that will hold a minimum of 2 reloading devices.
- Some type of loose cover garment.
- At least 100 rounds of ammo.