The Findlay Brewing Company set up shop a few years ago on North Main Street. Their new location at 213 E. Crawford St. opened in 2018. The brewery is the most recent in a thriving history of brewing in Findlay. Read on to learn about its predecessors.
The International Breweries-Old Dutch Division closed in 1966. The brewery dated back to 1891 when the Brilliant City Brewery opened at the corner of Jefferson Street and Clinton Court. The company was later purchased by Peter Krantz and his sons, and then by the Altmeyer brothers. The firm was particularly well known for its Old Dutch Beer.
1891-1898 Brilliant City Brewing Co.
1898-1957 Krantz Brewing Co. (Brewing operations shut down from 1919-1933 for Prohibition)
1957-1966 International Breweries, Inc.
Check out this old TV commercial for Old Dutch!