Nonprofit Leader of the Year Award
Sponsored by United Way of Hancock County
This award will be presented to a local executive or paid staff member of a nonprofit organization (with 501 (c) 3 status) providing services in Hancock County. The recipient will be selected by the Chamber of Commerce selection committee.
- The individual must exhibit a compelling vision for the future of his/her organization and the Hancock County community as a whole.
- The individual must showcase a positive image for his/her nonprofit organization while leading it to higher levels of success.
- The individual must demonstrate an ability to work collectively and collaboratively with other private, public and nonprofit organizations to address one or more needs in the community.
- The individual should be seen by his/her peers as a true leader in the community.
- The individual must be viewed as one who motivates and inspired the people around him/her to accomplish more than they would have otherwise.
- The individual should inspire a high level of commitment when taking on new initiatives.
- The individual should share responsibility, authority, information and credit when working toward a goal.
- The individual should communicate in a manner that is fair, straightforward, honorable and open.
- The individual should set a high standard of integrity by leading through example and maintaining high personal standards.
Additional criteria for the selection committee to consider:
- Number of years in a leadership position either with the organization or with similar organizations.
- An increase in fundraising support and/or an increase in services provided to consumers in Hancock County.
- An ability to showcase true positive outcomes, proving that the services provided are improving lives or conditions in a measurable way.
- Three letters of recommendation from peers should accompany this application.