Plenty of projects are in the works around town. We know what’s happening in a few locations. Others are being kept under wraps, but rumors are flying…
What We Know:
- Construction of a new Dunkin’ (see our article about its return) is well underway on Trenton Ave.
- Biggby Coffee will be opening a second location in the former Spaghetti Shop, also on Trenton Ave., anticipated opening in January 2019 (more info here).
- Construction continues on luxury townhomes at the corner of W. Front St. & S. West St.
- Vivir Modern Mexican will be opening at 119 E. Crawford St.
- Jen’s Buggy Whip Cake Art Studio is in the process of relocating to 118 E. Sandusky St.
- Creative Fringe, LLC will be opening at 111 W. Crawford St. selling jewelry and knitted items
- The former Ben Franklin (408 S. Main St.) is being turned into ground floor retail or office space and 2nd floor apartments.
What We’ve Heard:
- Finders Building (400 S. Main St.): now owned by Mallett Enterprises, word is traveling around that it will be turned into apartments reserved for Marathon employees.
- Site of Argyle building: possible ground floor retail and upper story apartments. Potentially 7+ stories, possibly taking over neighboring buildings.
- Tiffin Ave. just west of Panda Express: this will be two businesses in 1 building. Kay Jewelry will relocate to one half of the building from the Findlay Village Mall. The other business is rumored to be a Starbucks with a drive-thru.
- Former site of St. Michael School (Adams St.): John Vorst will be building townhomes