Tibetan Buddhist monks of the Gaden Shartse monastery in Mundgod, India are visiting Findlay. You can read more about the monks, monastery, and the tour here.
Their first and second days in town involved creating a sand mandala at the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts. Intricate sand mandalas are carefully dismantled once completed, in a ritual that sees the creation return to nature. This represents the impermanence of life. We will stream part of the mandala dismantling ceremony tonight (August 2nd). The ceremony begins at 6pm.
You can see and visit with the monks at these upcoming events:
- Friday, 5 pm: Potluck and panel discussion at Unitarian Universalist Church. Fifty seats available, RSVP to email@example.com.
- Saturday, 12-2 pm or 2:30-4 pm: Butter sculpting workshop at Awakening Minds Art. $20. Register online.
- Sunday, 11 am: Brunch at Main Street Deli. $15. Capacity of 30. All proceeds go to the monks. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, 7 pm, Carey Link presentation, 112 E. Findlay St., Carey, free, open to the public.
- Aug. 6, 2-7 pm: Personal healing sessions at Unitarian Universalist Church. Reserve a 1-hour session by emailing email@example.com.
- Aug. 6, 6 pm: Community healing session at Coffee Amici. Open to the public, suggested donation $10-$20.
- Aug. 11, 10 am to 3 pm: Private healing sessions at Findlay Hot Yoga. Reserve a 1-hour session at firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggested donation $30.